Call centers often experience industry-specific hiring challenges that pre-employment tests can address, enabling employers to make smarter hiring decisions that lead to lower turnover and higher productivity.
- On average, call center’s experience a turnover rate of between 30-45%
- The cost to replace a call center worker can be 25-30% of a full salary and benefits package
- 78% of consumers have backed out of a transaction or not made an intended purchase because of poor service from a call center employee
Why Use Pre-Employment Testing
Leading call centers trust Criteria's employment tests to help them hire customer service and sales representatives. Our call center customers use our tests to help reduce turnover, reduce time-to-hire, and increase productivity. Most call center customers use a combination of skills and personality tests. Pre-employment testing focuses on identifying candidates who are trainable and have the personality traits associated with long term success in call center roles.
What Tests to Use
Administering the Criteria Basic Skills Test (CBST) ensures that your new hires will have the necessary skills to digest and apply their training, be able to communicate clearly with customers or prospects, and to understand and respond to questions from customers.
Call centers often pair the CBST with a personality test. For inbound representatives, call centers frequently administer the Customer Service Aptitude Profile (CSAP) because it measures an applicant’s patience, diplomacy and overall desire to be helpful. These are important traits for call center roles that have a strong customer service component.
For outbound representatives, the Sales Achievement Predictor (SalesAP) screens for personality traits that have been linked to success in sales-oriented roles, such as competitiveness and assertiveness. This test is helpful in identifying candidates who will succeed and be comfortable in a sales role. (Read our whitepaper to learn more about how to hire top salespeople.)
Call centers also often choose to test for basic computer proficiency with the Computer Literacy and Internet Knowledge test (CLIK).
- State-of-the-art, cloud-based assessment platform
- Unlimited access to all of our aptitude, personality, and skills tests
- Tests backed by science and validated for employment
- Dedicated customer success managers and unlimited training and support
- Flat-fee pricing model
If you're an employer interested in previewing these tests, start a 21-day free trial.
How Criteria Helps Call Centers:
- Hire more productive employees: One call center in the market research space found that employees who passed the CBST were 63% more productive than were employees who received failing scores. Read the full case study.