Employers in collections often face industry-specific challenges when hiring, and pre-employment tests are an extremely useful tool to help identify the people with the right aptitude and personality for the job.
- Large debt collection agencies (more than 250 employees) can experience 75% annual turnover
- Collection agencies in the United States employ over 305,000 bill and account collectors
Why Use Pre-Employment Testing
In an industry in which turnover is a persistent challenge, collections companies often look for employees who both have the ability to perform the job successfully and also have the personality to be comfortable in the position. Companies in the collections and receivables management industry have hired more productive employees and reduced their rate of turnover by using Criteria's employment tests to screen prospective collections agents.
What Tests to Use
Most Criteria customers in the collections industry use the Criteria Basic Skills Test (CBST) to screen for collections representatives. The CBST is a test of basic verbal and math skills, attention to detail, and communication skills that helps companies assess the "trainability" of their prospective employees. The CBST can also reduce turnover by identifying candidates who have the skills and abilities to complete the training and succeed in the role.
The Employee Personality Profile (EPP) is a personality test that allows companies to screen for the personality traits that make an individual a good fit for a role in the collections industry. The score report contains a customized benchmark designed specifically for collections roles. This test helps highlight candidates who exhibit the right level of competitiveness, dependability, and conscientiousness to be comfortable and thrive in the role.
- State-of-the-art, cloud-based assessment platform
- Unlimited access to all of our aptitude, personality, and skills tests
- Tests backed by science and validated for employment
- Dedicated customer success managers and unlimited training and support
- Flat-fee pricing model
If you're an employer interested in previewing these tests, start a 21-day free trial.
How Criteria Helps Collections Companies:
- Hire more productive agents: By implementing the CBST and the SalesAP into its employee selection process, one collections company was able not only to significantly enhance the productivity of its workforce but also to reduce turnover and to increase the efficiency of its employee training initiatives. The highest scorers on the test recovered, on average, 53% more debt than did low scorers. Read the full case study.