Pre-employment testing can help IT service firms quickly identify talented employees who have the right aptitude and personality to succeed in the industry.
- Computer support specialists are projected to see a 10% increase in employment between 2016 and 2026
- The IT industry is expected to see a 3.7% growth rate in 2020
Why Use Pre-Employment Testing
Technology providers use Criteria's employment tests to screen for a wide variety of positions, including IT personnel, managerial personnel, and sales and customer service staff. Technology firms typically place a premium on hiring individuals who are good critical thinkers and quick learners in order to ensure their employees are able to evolve as technology does. Pre-employment testing can get to the heart of all these skills and more.
What Tests to Use
The Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test (CCAT), which measures problem-solving, logic, and learning ability is a popular test with the IT industry. The CCAT can help determine which applicants will be able to think critically and adapt to changes in technology.
For sales and customer service staff, technology companies use personality tests such as the Sales Achievement Predictor (SalesAP) and Customer Service Aptitude Profile (CSAP).
The SalesAP measures traits that have been shown to be critical to success in sales and sales-related jobs. Those traits include motivation, competitiveness, and goal orientation.
The CSAP compares a candidate's personality to traits that have been correlated with success and comfort in customer services roles. It measures traits like patience, diplomacy, and cooperativeness.
- State-of-the-art, cloud-based assessment platform
- Unlimited access to all of our aptitude, personality, and skills tests
- Tests backed by science and validated for employment
- Dedicated customer success managers and unlimited training and support
- Flat-fee pricing model
If you're an employer interested in previewing these tests, start a 21-day free trial.