The hospitality industry hires for a wide variety of roles, and pre-employment testing can determine who has the personality to thrive in both customer facing settings and behind the scenes work. It also can identify candidates with the aptitude to learn quickly and excel on the job.
- The hospitality industry experiences one of the highest employee turnover rates of any industry at nearly 70%
- Due to constraints in talent, 28% of leaders in the hospitality industry said they weren't able to pursue a "market opportunity"
- 21% of leaders in the industry said talent constraints meant they couldn't hit growth targets
Why Use Pre-Employment Testing
Hotels, resorts, casinos, and other companies in the hospitality industry use Criteria's employment tests to help them hire personnel who will provide great customer service experiences. By assessing applicants' aptitude, personality, and skills, testing can help highlight the candidates who are not only more likely to succeed in these roles but also more likely to remain in the role and excel long-term.
What Tests to Use
For our hospitality customers, the most widely used test is the Customer Service Aptitude Profile (CSAP). It is a personality test that screens for candidates who will be courteous, patient, and cooperative with guests.
The Criteria Basic Skills Test (CBST) is another test that is commonly used when hiring for hospitality. Hotels and casinos use the CBST to help predict "trainability" and overall job readiness for entry and mid-level positions. The test can help reduce turnover by identifying candidates who are more likely to make it through the training and stay in the position once they do.
Our integrity test, the Workplace Productivity Profile (WPP), helps companies identify candidates who are less likely to engage in behaviors such as theft, fraud, or absenteeism, issues which are especially important when hiring staff who will be working closely with customers and their personal belongings.
The Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test (CCAT) is often administered for management and supervisory positions. Generally used for screening upper level positions, the CCAT is an aptitude test that measures an applicant's ability to solve problems, think critically, and learn and apply new information, abilities that are crucial for employees who hold decision-making power.
- State-of-the-art, cloud-based assessment platform
- Unlimited access to all of our aptitude, personality, and skills tests
- Tests backed by science and validated for employment
- Dedicated customer success managers and unlimited training and support
- Flat-fee pricing model
If you're an employer interested in previewing these tests, start a 21-day free trial.