Healthcare is an enormous industry that employs millions of workers in a wide variety of roles. Pre-employment testing is a tool many healthcare providers use to identify great candidates and overcome the hiring challenges specific to the healthcare industry.
- It's projected that the healthcare industry will be responsible for over 1/3 of the United States' projected job growth from 2014 to 2024
- The healthcare industry has a projected growth rate of 18% by 2026
- The healthcare industry is expected to see 2.3 million new jobs by 2026
Why Use Pre-Employment Testing
Hundreds of doctor's offices, dental practices, home healthcare providers, and hospitals use Criteria's employment tests to reduce turnover and to ensure their patient-facing employees will deliver superior customer service. Some of the most popular positions for which healthcare providers use our tests include: front desk/receptionists, medical and dental assistants, medical billers, office managers, and home health aides. Check out our whitepaper to learn how pre-employment tests can help reduce one of the biggest challenges facing the healthcare industry - turnover.
What Tests to Use
For many patient-facing positions, our customers use two tests in particular:
The Criteria Basic Skills Test (CBST) is a basic skills test that cuts down on turnover by measuring basic skills that are important across many jobs in healthcare, including reading comprehension, attention to detail and overall trainability and job readiness.
The Customer Service Aptitude Profile (CSAP) is a personality test that screens for traits that are important for any patient-facing position, and helps to ensure that your staff will be courteous, cooperative and friendly with your patients.
For home health aides, the Workplace Productivity Profile (WPP) is a behavioral risk assessment that many companies use to minimize the risks involved with employees working unsupervised in patients' homes. It measures a candidate's reliability, work ethic, and attitudes towards theft.
- State-of-the-art, cloud-based assessment platform
- Unlimited access to all of our aptitude, personality, and skills tests
- Tests backed by science and validated for employment
- Flat-fee pricing model
If you're an employer interested in previewing these tests, start a 14-day free trial or book a consultation to learn more.
How Criteria Helps Healthcare Providers:
- Increase productivity: A network of primary care clinics used the CBST to dramatically improve its quality-of-hire. It found that those medical assistants with higher CBST scores ranked significantly higher in each one of the company's nine-point performance appraisal metrics. Read the full case study.
- Improve retention: A second study found that patient-facing staff with high CBST test scores had more than double the one-year retention rate than did those who tested poorly. Read the full case study.
Learn About Pricing