Headquartered in Los Angeles, Criteria is a technology company that’s changing the way employers find and hire great talent. We are on a mission to make the hiring process more fair and objective.
More than 3000 companies currently use our product for hiring and we are growing quickly. We've been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies for four years running, and we've also earned a spot on BuiltInLA’s 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2019. If you want to know more about what it's like to work here check us out on Glassdoor!
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to help us craft a user experience for recruiters and candidates that is seamless and enjoyable. Your work will have immediate impact on Criteria’s core products. With your help, we can make hiring more fair.
Who you are:
- Lover of good design. You are stoked about especially intuitive software and have an eye for beautiful visual aesthetics
- Empathetic, kind, and a good listener. As a customer-centric company, we are focused on understanding and delighting the customer!
- Humble. We're looking for people who not only listen to feedback but eagerly seek it out and are always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong character, strong work ethic and high follow-through. We value honesty and hard work.
- Entrepreneurial and persistent. A track record of being a self-starter/self-manager. You'll have opportunities to initiate and help shape the direction of our software.
- Creative and actively curious. You enjoy finding ways to apply approaches that work in one field to another. You use experiments to validate your assumptions.
- Collaborative and responsive. We're a lean product team of 7 and sometimes you'll also work with people from other departments, including Sales and Marketing. We're looking for people who like working with people and go out of their way to help others succeed.
- Exceptional written communication skills. As a team we keep each other in the loop with Slack, Basecamp, and Jira.
What you'll do:
- Design simple, intuitive flows and experiences in Criteria’s core products - including building an incredible candidate experience
- Iterate with low-fidelity sketches and workflows and craft these into high-fidelity designs using modern tools like Sketch, Figma, etc
- Facilitate user testing to validate solutions
- Collaborate closely with developers, designers, and product managers in an Agile environment
- Own the design process from conception to delivery as well as ongoing iteration
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Strong UI/UX portfolio of relevant work
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (desktop, mobile web, mobile app, etc.)
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Solid grounding in fundamentals and best practices of user-oriented design, and an ability to to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Excellent benefits packages that include medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous vacation policy
- Monthly "on-demand transportation" allowance
- Subsidized gym memberships (the gym is in the next building over and is paid for by your health benefit)
- Mobile phone discount
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events including volunteering with the LA Food Bank and Tree People
- Free lunches and a stocked kitchen (take out Tuesday and Sandwich Fridays help us talk and share ideas)
- When you come into work you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram)
When applying, please include a link to your portfolio in your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.