As the Release Manager at Criteria, you will own and manage the Release Lifecycle for all of our Products by leveraging your organizational, planning, and management skills. You will work closely with the Product, Design, Engineering, and QA teams to schedule and coordinate releases, and cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to ensure smooth external releases to customers.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Criteria is a technology company that's changing the way employers find and retain great talent. We are passionate about helping our customers build their highest performing teams using fair and objective science-based processes.
Over 3,500 companies currently use our HireSelect product and we are growing quickly. We've been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies for four years running, and we've also earned a spot on BuiltInLA's 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2019.
If you want to know more about what it's like to work here check us out on Glassdoor! Here's a link to our Glassdoor profile: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Criteria-EI_IE1146223.11,19.htm
What will I be doing?
- You will be working to define and refine the major Release types, identifying the key stakeholders for each Release type, and the requirements for each Release to proceed
- You will work with the Product and Engineering teams to plan the Releases looking ahead at least one quarter
- You will own the Release calendar, keeping the statuses up to date across all disciplines, and informing stakeholders of progress
- You will measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and meets all quality expectations
- You will communicate all key plans and commitments, requirements and scope changes, and schedules to stakeholders
- You will define and refine the process from Design to Dev to Release and create cross-functional team process, to ensure things are getting done and in the most efficient order
- You will communicate Release details to the other business functions including Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, and ensure that they also deliver on any requirements for the Release
- You will document all Releases
- You will work to continually improve the Release Lifecycle, adding or removing steps where necessary to ensure smooth Release deliveries
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Experience working with a wide variety of disciplines and functions across a company
- Exceptional organizational skills to keep all of the various features and initiatives tracked, and moving forward to a successful Release
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to keep stakeholders up to date with the status of each Release, and the ability to discern if they have reservations about a Release
- Experience with Project/Release Management software that provides you the detail you need to manage each Release, and the summary or dashboard view preferred by stakeholders
What else will help me succeed?
- You have experience working with fast-growing Agile teams
- You have experience managing people and expectations
- You are process-minded, and have a knack for refining processes, striking the right balance between process and practice
- Excellent benefits packages that include medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous vacation policy
- Monthly "on-demand transportation" allowance
- Subsidized gym memberships (the gym is in the next building over and is paid for by your health benefit)
- Mobile phone discount
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events including volunteering with the LA Food Bank and Tree People
- Free lunches and a stocked kitchen (take out Tuesday and Sandwich Fridays help us talk and share ideas)
- When you come into work you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dogsofcriteria)
Since we're a pre-employment testing company, we require our applicants to take a couple of assessments as part of the application process. Click the "Apply Now" button below to upload your resume and take the assessments.