Headquartered in Los Angeles, Criteria is a technology company that’s changing the way employers find and hire great talent. We are on a mission to make the hiring process more fair and objective.
More than 3000 companies currently use our product for hiring and we are growing quickly. We've been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies for four years running, and we've also earned a spot on BuiltInLA’s 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2019.
If you want to know more about what it's like to work here check us out on Glassdoor! Here's a link to our Glassdoor profile: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Criteria-EI_IE1146223.11,19.htm
We're looking for a smart and talented Junior Front End Developer to join our small, but growing team. We have some exciting projects on our Roadmap, so we need someone to help us turn ideas and sketches into user-friendly and powerful tools for our customers. We're currently in the early stages of some major product initiatives, so you’ll be expected to jump right in and contribute from Day 1.
Who you are:
- Humble. We're looking for people who not only listen to feedback but eagerly seek it out and are always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong character, strong work ethic and high follow-through. We value honesty and hard work.
- Entrepreneurial and persistent. A track record of being a self-starter/self-manager.
- Creative and actively curious, with a strong motivation to learn and develop new skills.
- Collaborative and responsive. We are a lean and quick-moving product team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. As a team we keep each other in the loop with Slack, Dropbox Paper, and Jira.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
What you'll do:
- Work and thrive in a quick-moving Agile environment to build out new features, based upon given requirements.
- Create and maintain APIs, following best practices.
- Build and test integrations with our business partners.
- Debug existing software platforms.
- Help build and expand our suite of automated tests.
- Assist with writing and updating documentation, as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with Product Managers and other members of the team in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- The demonstrated ability to write clean, scalable, robust and reusable code, as shown by an active GitHub portfolio, side projects, etc.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in backend development using PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with PHP-based frameworks, especially Laravel.
- Experience writing and maintaining user-facing APIs.
- Experience working with and consuming third-party APIs.
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit/Feature tests (we use PHPUnit).
- Familiarity with a version control software (we use GitHub and Sourcetree).
- Familiarity with tools such as Composer, AWS, and Jenkins.
- Excellent benefits packages that include medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous vacation policy
- Monthly "on-demand transportation" allowance
- Subsidized gym memberships (the gym is in the next building over and is paid for by your health benefit)
- Mobile phone discount
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events including volunteering with the LA Food Bank and Tree People
- Free lunches and a stocked kitchen (take out Tuesday and Sandwich Fridays help us talk and share ideas)
- When you come into work you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dogsofcriteria)
Click on the link below to upload your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.