Before you read further, this is a hands-on position. There is NO staff to manage at this point. You will be doing the accounting work along with the VP of Finance and Accounting. We are a fast growing software company. If this doesn’t scare you, then please read on!!!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of accounting. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance and Accounting. The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities include the accurate and timely preparation and analyses of all facets of the accounting operations of the company, including financial statement preparation, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reconciliations, month end close and may perform other administrative duties as requested.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting (accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, credit card expense report reconciliation, cash applications, collections, and maybe payroll)
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial processing, month end close, cash management reports, and balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist with the development and preparation of budgets to actual reporting, forecasts, and projections
- Prepare State Sales & Use Taxes: quarterly; semi-annually; or annually for Various States and help register in new states
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Gather W9’s from vendors for filing MISC-1099’s annually
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
A little bit about you:
- Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication, verbal, and written skills
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to function independently and multi-task
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- QuickBooks Online accounting software experience is highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting desired, combined with 3-5 years of experience in Accounting/Finance
"Best Workplace" awards from both Inc. Magazine and LA Business Journal.
Check us out on GlassDoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Criteria-EI_IE1146223.11,19.htm
Criteria offers full-time employees great benefits, but even part-time employees get to take advantage of the following perks:
- Open BYOD Policy: Bring your own dog to work as we are a dog inclusive office. When you come into work you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dogsofcriteria)
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events- (we believe companies should help their communities)
- Stocked kitchen, cold brew/kombucha machine, and catering twice a week (Take Out Tuesday, Sandwich Fridays, and monthly Pizza Product Meetings help us collaborate and share ideas)
- Spacious West Hollywood office in the Pacific Design Center with panoramic views of the entire city, within walking distance of Shake Shack, Tender Greens, Halal Guys, and plenty of other trendy shopping, food and drink destinations.
- ...And a competitive salary
Since we're a pre-employment testing company, all applicants must take two of our web-based tests as part of our screening process. Here are some tips on how to prepare for a pre-employment test: https://www.criteriacorp.com/resources/candidates.php
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO START THE TESTS- you'll also be asked to upload your resume and complete a brief job application. (Copy and paste the link into your browser if clicking does not work.)