Criteria is looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to join our team in Los Angeles to craft the best-in-class user experience for recruiters and candidates. Your work will have immediate impact on Criteria’s core platforms. With your help, we can make hiring fairer.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, and with offices in New York, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, Criteria is a technology company that’s changing the way employers find and retain great talent. We are passionate about helping our customers build their highest performing teams using fair and objective science-based processes.
Over 4,100 companies currently use our HireSelect product and we are growing quickly. We've been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies for six years running. Through our 2020 acquisition of Brisbane-based assessment firm Revelian we are also expanding rapidly in Australia.
If you want to know more about what it's like to work here check us out on Glassdoor!
Who you are:
- Lover of good design. You are stoked about especially intuitive software and have an eye for beautiful visual aesthetics
- Empathetic, kind, and a good listener. As a customer-centric company, we are focused on understanding and delighting the customer!
- Humble. We're looking for people who not only listen to feedback but eagerly seek it out and are always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong character, strong work ethic and high follow-through. We value honesty and hard work.
- Entrepreneurial and persistent. A track record of being a self-starter/self-manager. You'll have opportunities to initiate and help shape the direction of our software.
- Creative and actively curious. You enjoy finding ways to apply approaches that work in one field to another. You use experiments to validate your assumptions.
- Collaborative and responsive. We're a growing product team and sometimes you'll also work with people from other departments, including Sales and Marketing. We're looking for people who like working with people and go out of their way to help others succeed.
- Exceptional written communication skills. As a team we keep each other in the loop with Slack and Jira.
What you'll do:
- Design simple, intuitive flows and experiences across Criteria’s customer and candidate facing platforms
- Iterate with low-fidelity sketches and workflows and craft these into high-fidelity designs using Sketch and Invision
- Collaborate closely with developers, designers, and product managers in an Agile environment
- Conduct discovery research and user testing to validate design solutions
- Support the QA team to ensure visual design is implemented as intended
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design systems across multiple digital products
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Strong UI/UX portfolio of relevant work
- Experience designing beautiful user interfaces for web-based software on desktop and mobile.
- Solid grounding in fundamentals and best practices of user-oriented design, and an ability to to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills (we’re a remote team at the moment!)
- Experience with creating and maintaining visual design systems with Sketch Libraries, Zeplin, and Abstract or similar tools.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC suite, and/or other industry-standard design tools
- Prototyping experience with applications such as Invision, Principal, Flinto, Framer or similar tools.
- Basic level understanding of frond end technologies (HTML & CSS) and how designs will be implemented by engineers
- Excellent benefits packages that include medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Monthly technology reimbursement
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events including volunteering with the LA Food Bank and Tree People
- When we reopen our corporate office, you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram)
When applying, please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.