Criteria’s mission is to help our customers make better talent decisions. We do this by helping companies to build the best, highest-performing workforces through our comprehensive and innovative evidence-based assessment platform.
Criteria is seeking an experienced Senior Finance Manager (SFM) to drive and support the company’s rapid growth and provide critical analytical and financial leadership throughout the company. This role will partner closely with the CFO, Finance leaders, and the executive leadership team to bring insight into business performance and support business planning and decision making. Proven ability in creating and presenting slides that capture business performance and strategy for senior leaders and board members will be a critical skill set. Success in the role will require a highly collaborative self-starter comfortable working autonomously in a fast pace environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Assist the Company to develop, manage, and analyze short- and long-term budgets and all related and supporting financial projections.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual budget to actual analysis to inform management decision making. This includes performing variance analysis (actual to budget / forecast), sensitivity and pacing analysis, cohort and segmentation analysis, identifying risks and opportunities, and formulating recommendations for improvement.
- Financial statement orientation with the ability to rapidly develop full pro-forma financial statements (PL/BS/CF) to support scenario planning and business modelling.
- Reporting and Insights:
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders across the company to create presentations that capture critical business information and drive decision making.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with all departments to analyze business results for executive team and investors in addition to supporting board meetings, fundraising, and M&A activity.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to develop and maintain finance-oriented business intelligence dashboards that tell the story behind data to non-technical team members.
- Strategic Initiatives:
- Work cross-functionally on strategic initiatives including pricing, customer acquisition, partnerships, commission plans, and strategic operations.
- Cash Forecasting:
- Develop and maintain cash forecasting tools to inform business decisions and ensure appropriate liquidity.
- Support Finance Leadership to determine and implement risk mitigation strategies as necessary (e.g., credit facilities, FX).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in corporate finance (FP&A) or management consulting highly preferred. PE or investment banking experience a plus but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or mathematics. MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and a deep understanding of financial and managerial accounting (on-the-job experience).
- Experience with SaaS financial and management reporting KPIs, such as ARR, retention, churn, upsell, CAC, LTV
- Experience with common business intelligence tools in the market (e.g., Salesforce, Tableau, PowerBI, Lookr, Domo, Metabase)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate financial analyses, insights, and resulting recommendations in a simple, clear manner (be it verbally or in writing, including PowerPoint).
- Proven ability as a motivated self-starter. You’re comfortable in entrepreneurial environments and with proceeding to find answers without having them.