Criteria is an assessment company dedicated to helping organizations make better talent decisions using objective, multidimensional data. We deliver the most precise, comprehensive, and reliable assessments to help companies create the highest-performing workforce. Based in Los Angeles, Criteria was founded in 2006 as one of the first SaaS solutions to provide assessments to the market. We have been featured on the Inc. 5000 six years in a row, we scaled our team from just a few people to over 150, and we have been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Inc. and BuiltinLA.
Criteria is growing rapidly and looking for great people to help us better support our east coast customers and accelerate our international expansion especially into Europe. We are looking for experienced Sales Executives local to the Tri-State area who are innovative thinkers and know how to get things done. Successful candidates are confident enough to challenge the status quo while understanding that there is always an opportunity to learn something new. We’re looking for driven self-starters who are passionate about technology – and also know that work should provide a good balance of challenge AND fun!
If you want to work with people who fit this description… take the leap and apply today!
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging with prospects:
- You’ll be on the phone talking to Human Resource Professionals, Business Owners and Functional leaders. You’ll be learning more about their business and recruiting challenges and demonstrating how our solution can help them. You’ll follow up with them via email, help them understand how our software works, and be available for any questions they may have.
- Building Relationships, Adding Value & Driving Results:
- You will add value with every interaction you have with our prospects. The consultative approach you use will help you better understand the challenges your customer is facing and help you develop a solution that is tailored to their need and founded in best practices. All of this should lead to happy customers and enable you to hit your sales targets!
- You’ll have to leave your ego at the door because none of us know it all here. From our interns to our CEO we expect everyone to have a desire to continuously improve. You’ll learn from your teammates, your customers, your managers. Coaching is a constant, and success is a team sport!
What you bring to the table:
- The Gift of Gab:
- You are a master at building rapport and develop genuine relationships! Whether over the phone, through an online screen share, in-person, or by email, you are an excellent communicator.
- Individuals who are bilingual will be prioritized with Spanish or French speakers being preferred.
- A History of Success:
- You’ve got a proven history of success in a consultative sales role. You’re adaptable and you enjoy work within a sales process. You are comfortable closing business and creating a sense of urgency with prospects while still maintaining rapport and keeping the prospect’s best interest in mind. Experience in a B2B and/or SaaS environment is a plus!
- Solid work ethic:
- Our prospects, customers and teammates are depending on us to deliver. This means being available for our prospects, calling them back as quickly as possible, conducting thorough discovery, and conducting customer-specific product demos. It also means keeping up on enhancements to our technology, industry trends, and the list goes on…
- In managing your day, in working with your clients, you name it. You’ll be expected to manage your day as though it was your own business. You'll be expected to be on the phones, demo the software, help customers purchase, manage your pipeline, work in our CRM tools, and much more. Expect to be busy!
- A team orientation:
- We celebrate each other’s successes and help each other out.
- New ideas:
- We are all in this together! We look to our teammates to help us identify opportunities where we can improve.
- “Make it so” Attitude:
- We expect you to be part of the solution. We are a start-up and it’s all-hands-on-deck when it comes to turning ideas into action. Enough said!
What Criteria Corp brings to the table:
- Excellent benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) w/ employer match, generous paid parental leave policy, generous vacation time, and more!)
- We have an extensive onboarding and training program to help provide a foundation for success.
- Monthly technology/mobile phone allowance.
- Open BYOD Policy: Bring your own dog to work as we are a dog-inclusive office. When you come into work you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dogsofcriteria)
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events (we believe companies should help their communities)
- ...And a competitive salary
Since we're a pre-employment testing company, all applicants must take two of our web-based tests as part of our screening process. Here are some tips on how to prepare for a pre-employment test: https://www.criteriacorp.com/resources/candidates.php
Click Apply Now to start the tests - you'll also be asked to upload your resume.