About Our Mission:
Criteria is a technology company dedicated to changing the way employers find and hire great talent. We offer a disruptive SaaS (software as a service) solution that enables organizations to better manage their most important asset - their human capital - by providing a state-of-the-art assessment platform that increases the effectiveness of the employee selection and retention process.
We've been ranked on the Inc 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies for three years running, and we've also earned a spot on Inc. Magazine's Best Places to Work.
If you want to know more about what it's like to work here, check us out on Glassdoor!
What we're looking for:
We are seeking an energetic and ambitious individual with a desire to join a rapidly growing company. Criteria is not a typical organization, and this is not a typical outbound sales role. If you're hungry, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
The position is an entry level role, is full-time and is based in our office at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood, CA.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll talk to a lot of prospective customers - HR people, business owners, hiring managers etc. - in nearly every industry you can imagine
- You'll talk to them about a product that has a base of loyal customers that love the product and can't imagine their hiring process without it
- Let's be honest - You'll be on the phone a LOT and you'll send a lot of emails
- You'll get prospects set up on free trials and/or get them set up with demo appointments with the Sales Executives, and foster mentorships in the process
- You'll learn a ton about sales, the hiring process, our software, and business in general
- You'll be expected to come up with great ideas on different ways we can go after the market and increase the leads we generate
- You'll participate in monthly product meetings and help us decide what features should be added to the product
- You get to work with a crew of smart people who know how to work hard, but more importantly play hard
- We'll celebrate your wins - big and small!
The typical career path for a successful Sales Development Representative is to move into a Sales Executive position... BUT at the rate we're growing, the opportunities are endless.
A little bit about you:
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have a sense of curiosity, endurance, and a passion for learning
- You like talking with people: listening to them, understanding their needs, discovering their priorities
- You like processes: building them, improving them, critiquing them
- You pay close attention to detail and are comfortable working with data
- You are coachable, interested in personal development, and unafraid to ask questions
- You are well organized and reliable
- You are scrappy and entrepreneurial
- 0-3 years' experience in sales or any customer facing role
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Interest in technology, psychology, recruiting or HR is also a bonus!
And, if that wasn't exciting enough, here are some of the perks of working at Criteria:
- Excellent benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous vacation time
- Performance Bonuses (compensation rewards personal and team performance)
- Monthly "on demand transportation" allowance for Lyft credits
- Subsidized gym memberships (the gym is in the next building over and is paid for by your health benefit)
- Mobile phone discount (we expect you to be responsive, but at least we help with the bill)
- Open BYOD Policy: Bring your own dog to work as we are a dog inclusive office. When you come into work you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dogsofcriteria)
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events- (we believe companies should help their communities)
- Stocked kitchen, cold brew/kombucha machine, and catering twice a week (Take Out Tuesday, Sandwich Fridays, and monthly Pizza Product Meetings help us collaborate and share ideas)
- Spacious West Hollywood office in the Pacific Design Center with panoramic views of the entire city, within walking distance of Shake Shack, Tender Greens, Halal Guys, and plenty of other trendy shopping, food and drink destinations.
- ...And a competitive salary
Since we're a pre-employment testing company, all applicants must take two of our web-based tests as part of our screening process. Here are some tips on how to prepare for a pre-employment test: https://criteriacorp.com/how-job-candidates-can-prepare-employment-tests
Click on the link below to start the tests - you'll also be asked to upload your resume.
Please make sure your resume contains your current contact information so that we can contact you if necessary.